Intellectual Property Developer
This is a senior level role for a full time management role in our inventor-ship and intellectual property functions. You will be responsible for assisting the engineers and managers with the development of technology portfolios, documentation, and development of technology transfer licensing documents and technologies, in addition you will be working the legal team to document and implement registrations of technological advancements for the intellectual property portfolio. This position requires a high degree of professionalism to represent a company that is helping Singapore become a cleaner place.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Technology Transfer manager is a creative thinker, strategically minded, pays attention to detail, and is well organized. They have a high level of ability to understand both technologies and the commercial implications of the use and advantages of those technologies. They should have an understanding of intellectual property laws, practices, and be prepared to develop highly technical documentation and content while working with engineers, scientists, and other inventors within the organisation.
What you will be doing
- Work with legal team on licensing portfolio
- Work with product development staff for commercialization of technology activities
- Liaise, interact and meet with scientists, engineers, contractors, and inventors in the organisation, and other technical consultants as needed.
- Work with legal team on registration, licensing and transfer of intellectual property
- Identify developments for technology transfer and adjust the portfolio of technologies to include new developments
- Identify potential advancements, improvements, new developments, and other forms of intellectual property and develop commercialization of technologies in the pipeline.
What is required of you
- Business or Management degree a plus
- Bachelor Master in Engineering, ideally Electrical
- Some background in intellectual property law or law
A technical orientation and understanding of the power electronics sector
- Able to work both independently, and in a team
- Must be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- High-energy, self-motivated and ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, fluency in Mandarin is not a requirement but is preferred
- Interest in research with all construction types related to company services and market to expand breadth of technical competence
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org